One of the most important objectives of B2B sales and marketing teams is to be able to generate high-quality leads that will convert into clients. This is no easy task. But, if done correctly, it will help your business beat the competition and grow significantly.
Quantity, however, is not as important as quality. Simply increasing the volume of leads will not have a positive impact. But, if you can increase your volume of leads by 20% without decreasing your quality then your business makes 20% more income.
Unfortunately, lead generation is tough. 85% of B2B marketers consider lead generation their #1 challenge.
Finding a high number of quality leads is critical to your sales and business success.
You don’t want unqualified leads who aren’t truly interested in the services that you offer, and you certainly don’t want no leads at all. By utilizing these six strategies, you’ll find yourself in a great position to locate, qualify and convert B2B sales leads, in almost real-time.
#1 – Use Sales Chat on Your Website
Sales Chat is a great tool to reduce your bounce rate and turn website visitors into warm leads who are interested in learning more about your products and services.
It ensures someone or something (in the case of a bot) is always on hand to chat or interact with visitors, whether they’re browsing your site during the day or checking out what you have to offer at night.
When set up and implemented correctly with a trained team behind it, sales chat ensures site visitors will receive high-quality personalized content and information, that’s geared towards their goals, wants and pain points, helping them to really understand your business and make positive decisions in favor of your services.
If you’re on the fence about whether or not sales chat can provide valuable input to you, you may want to review the results that are possible:
#2 – Outbound Calling
Mastering the art of outbound calls is crucial to your sales team. A high percentage of your overall sales happen over the phone – and a good outbound calling strategy will help improve your odds of using each interaction to it’s full advantage. Make sure your outbound calling strategy includes:
- Clear goals, including both average handle times for calls and close rates
- A strategy that will allow you to qualify the lead in order to better shape future contact
- Follow-up plans for increasing the connection to the contact when the call is finished
Many marketing professionals are on the fence about whether or not to use scripts for outbound calls. If you do opt to use a script for your calls, make sure that it is designed to help agents give prospects the support they need, rather than tying their hands. Scripts should be tools in the arsenal of your agents, rather than forcing them to adhere to rules that might not make sense for individual calls.
#3 – Social Selling
Social media offers a number of valuable opportunities for increasing your leads and boosting sales. LinkedIn, for example, has risen to become the most effective social platform for B2B lead generation.
No longer just for recruitment, it offers a number of ways to connect with qualified prospects and provide them with information about the solutions you can provide them with, from in-mail to messages, company updates to likes.
It has left many salespeople with a 51% higher chance of meeting their sales goals and even sees directors achieve promotions 1.6 times faster.
Social media offers an unprecedented opportunity to learn more about your leads before making contact with them. On LinkedIn, you can get a great idea of an individual’s position within a company, what their pain points are, and how your business’s solutions can make their everyday job easier. You can also qualify your leads before making contact, allowing you to determine how much purchasing power an individual has within their business.
Check Out Some Top Tips for Social Selling Success Here
More Great Tips to Increase your B2B Sales Leads
Here is an inspirational list of tactics and tips you could look into to boost your sales leads.
1. Get in as many conversations as possible
2. Generate a targeted list of business contacts
3. Send cold emails
4. Make warm calls
5. Use Marketing Automation to nurture your leads
6. Set up a live chat on your website
7. Update your email signature with an embedded promotion
8. Join relevant social media groups
9. List your company on directories
10. Use online forums to generate more leads
11. Answer relevant questions on Q&A websites
12. Get more online reviews
13. Use lead generation ads on Facebook or Twitter
14. Use Google Adwords to increase website traffic
15. Use remarketing to re-engage visitors
16. Use SEO to increase website traffic
17. Optimize your website landing pages.
18. Use a blog or newsletter to generate more leads
19. Use webinars to generate more leads
20. Use e-Books to increase sales leads
21. Interview decision-makers and influencers for your blog
22. Use white papers to generate more leads
23. Use someone else’s audience by guest posting
24. Use press releases to generate more leads
25. Always be building your network
26. Use current customers to generate referrals
27. Foster customer recommendations and referrals
28. Use LinkedIn to get introductions
29. Find out who is an unsatisfied customer of your competitors
30. Start an Advisory Board
31. Speak or attend industry events
32. Launch channels for partner sales